Galway 5km series 2022
Dates and Locations
Tue 26 April
Tue 3 May
Tue 10 May
Tue 17 May
Tue 24 May
Tue 31 May
- A cold wind down Caltra way, but the rain held off. A fast course, with a tailwind for that first km, giving some fast times. Results available here
- More fast times in Craughwell, and another big turnout. Good crowds cheering us on too! Results available here
- There's a new housing estate that I don't rememeber, but the hill is still there, still breaking hearts, lungs and legs. Thanks to all in Loughrea AC - Results available here
- A great night to be back running - well done to all. Results available here
- Don't forget to retain your race number for the full series.
- For anyone who couldn't make the first evening, Race numbers will be available for collection, close to the start line.
- ** PLEASE KEEP YOUR RACE NUMBER AFTER THE RACE AND USE IT FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES **
- No tea, coffee or food after final leg this year for health and safety reasons ( COVID ).
- We will NOT be handing out bottles of water this year for environmental / health and safety reasons. Please bring your own water / drink with you to each race
- Marshalls will be available to direct participants to car parks, number collection point, toilets etc.
About the series
The County Galway 5km series, is an initative of the Galway Athletic Clubs. Over 6 Tuesday nights, a 5km race is organised by one of the athletic clubs across the county. The format is simple - one race number covers the entire series. No prizes are awarded, but anyone who completes 4 of the 6 races gets a souvenir race t-shirt. After the last race, a social night is organised by the final host club.
The series has exploded in popularity over the years, to the point where entry sells out in a matter of minutes.
All proceed of the 5k series goes to fund juvenile and adult athletics in Galway.
Please car pool to venues - parking is strictly limited at all venues!
Please contact us using our Facebook page
- Tuam - Route
HQ: Off Bishop St, Swimming Pool road
- An out and back course which is fast and flat.
- It is absolutely vital that runners do not run on the footpath or cycle lane on the way to the turnaround at 3km.
- There is ample car parking in Tuam town centre including Tuam Cathedral 200+ spaces, O'Tooles Supervalu car parks and Co Council car parks.
HQ: Former location of Gaelscoil Riabhach
- The school has moved, but we're using the same old location and route.
HQ: Community Hall
HQ: Community Hall
- Start approx 1km on Galway side of Caltra. Finish in village
- Parking at Community Hall.
- Direction from Galway go via R339 directly via Monivea, or N63 to Mountbellew and onto R358.
- Allow min 45mins travel time from Galway City.
HQ: Located at the finish line, Ard Aobhinn estate entrance
- The Race start is located on the Link road 2k from the Train station past the tennis courts (last years’ start) continue to the T-junction and turn right.
- Toilets will be located at this junction.
- Hosted by GCH in Kilcornan
- Route - The race starts at Kilcornan House. It proceeds down the main avenue, turns left towards Kilcolgan and enters Kilcornan wood 400 metres later. After leaving the wood, the route proceeds to re-enter Kilcornan Wood from the east and the race ends at Kilcornan House.
- Runner safety - Please follow the directions of the race marshals at all times.
- Parking - There are a large number of parking spaces available in different car parks in Kilcornan House. Please follow the directions of the parking stewards when parking. Access to Kilcornan House will not be possible under any circumstances after 7.45. If you arrive at the venue after that time please park in Clarinbridge village. Parking is not allowed at any point along the route.